Wednesday, November 7, 2012

11/6/12 &11/7/12

Yesterday we talked about the people who were against slavery and the peopel who were against it. We compared them and found that the people for it were born into a wealthy family and the people against it were born into poverty. Everyone had different ideas of why this was but I think it was because the poor people didn't have slaves and were able to see the wrong in it. The rich people had grown up with them and lived with them doing their work. Their parents were okay with it and everyone around them so they never saw the problem. Today we learned about the cotton demand and the need for slaves. I liked seeing the picture of the first cotton gin because it shows how far our civilization has come. But it also shows just how dependent we were on slaves that nothing like this had come around before. There was even a higher demand for slaves to do the work after the cotton gin instead of less as the inventor thought. My joke yesterday was "What's bloody and has two legs?" "Half a cat". I got my history class to take a break from learning for a second and have a laugh. My joke today was "What'd red and green and goes 100 miles per hour?" "A frog in a blender". People laughed at this joke but they said it was mean. i don't care because it was funny and still makes me laugh even though I've heard it a million times.

No comments:

Post a Comment