Monday, November 19, 2012

11/16/12 &11/19/12

On friday we read a long, long, long chapter from the book "Uncle Tom's Cabin" by Harriet Beetrice Stowe. It was hard to understand with the old language adn the slang. The men that are talking don't sound that educated so I found it difficult to read it. We ended class with this and didn't get the chance to talk about it until today. The story was about a women slave who ran away. The slave owner wants her back becasue she can work, she is capable of bearing children, and she is pretty. The men don't want to use dogs to find her becasue they are afraid that the dogs will tear her apart as they saw them do to another runaway. It was clear that this chapter was to show the evils of slavery adn slaveholders. Mrs. Stowe wanted to make people into Abolitions or have them support the anti-slavery. I'm sure she did just that. Some days I don't even tell a joke. I think my three day challenge has changed from talling a joke to making people laugh and laughing myself. I don't feel the need to tell a joke anymore because I find everything funny. Sometimes I just laugh at nothing. Sometimes I laugh when I see peoples faces becasue i'm just so happy to see them. I'm always laughing and I find that I'm so happy all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment